Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jeh & Ivy : How we met?

March 2005

IVY : Jeh was in Dallas Texas since his university days, I was in Malaysia all this while. Thousand of miles apart...did not know of each other's existence. But yet....God has a plan.

In March 2005, I flew to Dallas, USA. It was my first time in the States and for good reasons. It was a much needed vacation and importantly to attend my cousin KC's wedding.

Photo : My cousin KC and I at his church wedding

Guess what? Jeh was the best man at the wedding.

At this point whenever I tell our story, I would start getting the "ooohhh and the aahhh....so romantic, like in the movies! "

But reality, that was really how we met. In a wedding, he was the best man......hmmmm... all my girlfriends still think it is so romantic to meet your loved one in a wedding. I tell them, there is hope....attend weddings...it is now a proven place to meet the man of your dreams. :)


Photo : With the lovely bridesmaids at the wedding

JEH : Actually the first time we saw each other was at the barbeque party that her cousin KC had organized to talk thru his wedding plans on March 31st 2005.


I believe Ivy was not at the party when I got to the house. She probably went out shopping or something. So when she came back to the house, her cousin was kind of telling me and my friends that Ivy is his cousin and she was here for the wedding.

I can still remember her heart melting smile. So inviting and so warm. Just cheerful whenever I think about it. I told myself that she sure know how to smile and make the people talking to her feel the closeness and friendliness.

"I have to know her....have to....have to." But I acted cool and did not smile...show cool...show confidence...well she was mostly talking to my friends more than me... he he he...not so cool then. But, essentially that was how we met. More details of the fireworks :) to come. Stay tuned.

Ooops...I am still looking for a photo of the best men and me at the wedding.

No comments: