Monday, November 10, 2008

Before We Met.....The Jeh Story

Between 1980s and 1990s

JEH : I was the studious boy....nope not the bookworm type but definitely not the lady's man either. You can call it the typical Malaysian Chinese - parents wants me to make a good life through a good education. I was not fortunate to advance myself to local university and had to go to USA. Freedom!!

My dad was adamant that I go to US to get a good education and not come back until I get a Masters degree. Time flies and finally graduated in 1998.

Notice anything interesting in this photo? More stories in another post.

Off and on, I had hits and misses with the girls. I think it is more misses than hits. :) I was more of a happy go lucky person that does not worry too much about girls or finances.

I was a car nut (still am!!) and has often referred to as "new car per year" guy. he he he. It was an experience that I will never forget. I would like to own all the cars that I like...just like a little boy with his matchbox car collection...but in the real world, it is more expensive than just a few dollars per car. Ha ha ha. So, instead of a new girlfriend every year, I had a new car every year. Sometimes even 2 cars!!



Mom and dad has been pressuring about the girlfriend thingy and I told them that if they do it one more time, I will get an American girlfriend! he he he...I think that shut them up for a while. For myself, I still question if I am positioning myself as a good candidate for someone to love.....

When I turn 30+, the question becomes more prominent. It is not only that my parents were worried, I was becoming worried about the situation. I always told myself, "why am I in the US? Asian girls are scarce and they are often in hot pursuit by a lot of guys"....:(

But an enlightenment came....I want to be myself, and I want to be someone that loves me for who I truly am. I began to accept that I am me and there will be someone for everyone. Just be patience....but the patience is running short.....but there is another One....as Yoda said in Dagobah. Yup! I am a Star Wars super fan too. Did I forget to mention I am also a computer games nut!!

Alright, between cars, playstation, nintendo, Yoda, Star Wars...where is my Princess Leia??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for sharing such a lovely story! Asian parents... -lol-

JehIvy said...

Hi Sharon - thanks for dropping by. Hope you will enoy the stories to come....