Saturday, November 29, 2008

How We Met? What really happened?

Jeh & Ivy. The Story of Us continues. Previous-click here

March 2005

JEH : The first time I met Ivy was when I was eating BBQ at KC's (Ivy's cousin, the guy who's getting married, I was his best man) house.

I still remember that Ivy had actually went out and came back later with some food stuff for the BBQ. Hmmmm... my first thought was "Who is she? Must be either KC's sister or his cousin sister that he has been talking about all the time."

Well, she caught my eyes but as a guy, you have to act cool a bit. No smile and not much interaction. Just stay cool and talk to the guys first.
On the first day we met, we did not have too much interaction. Basically just minimal chit chat because I are the groom's man and she was part of the helpers for the bride maids. But definitely she strike a very good impression on me and I wanted to know more about her.

The big wedding day arrived and I went to KC's house early in the morning to help out a bit before the show starts. Ivy, Krystal and Shen (KC's sisters) had to go to the in-laws home to prep for KC's arrival. Although they were part of the groom's side but they went over to the bride's side to be "chee mui" aka troublemakers to stop the groom from getting the bride. I volunteered to drive them there. We had some talks, laughes and fun during that 15 minutes drive. Btw, Ivy did not even remember this whole experience when we talked about it later.

But I know that today is KC's big day....so I had to concentrate on being the best man. There was a couple of occasion where the flower corsage on my suit was falling apart and needed some good eye to rearrange it. Naturally I would ask the person I want to get to know better to do that...he he he. Ivy saw that my corsage and totally knew that it needs some good adjustment. It was falling apart quick. Not sure why. Maybe it is God's doing.

Ivy was very attentive and put a lot of effort on making my dying corsage look better. I think I totally lost my corsage after a couple of run around with the bride's maid game in front of the in-laws house. Thanks to Ivy again, she is there to rescue me again with a new one. I think it was because of our close proximity eye contact that helped the sparks to turn to fire. At least for me that is. It was too late to pull back. I think I am infatuated with her by now.

When all the ceremonies were done, we were ready to party down with the Chinese dinner. As the best man it is customary to take a few drinks for the Groom...so I was prepared. But on the side I had to take the opportunity to get to know Ivy better.

When we were sitting down for dinner, I wanted to make sure I sat beside her. I managed to do just that. Some people were a bit suspicious because bride's maids and groom's men were supposed to sit together or side by side. But we were all off everywhere and we sat wherever we wanted or at least I sat exactly where I wanted to sit. We chatted a bit and I knew that Ivy would be flying off to Florida, New York and Washington for the rest of her vacation after Dallas.

My goal for that nite was at least get her email address. I had a couple of drinks and it helped with the confidence. So I leaned over and acted like I accidently asked her about her email, something about keeping in touch. I handed her my cell phone for her to input her email and she graciously gave it to me. HURRAY!. Step 1 succeeded. Time to party......

IVY :- We met at the wedding and since we were all helping out at KC's wedding, Jeh and I met a couple of times. So, what really happened? Fireworks!! Love at first sight! Uncontrollable passion!! haha! No such thing. We were very civil and polite and infact to me, he was just one of the guys at the wedding.

Honestly, my "men radar" was definitely up and about or should I say "scanning through the single men" at the wedding! You know me...30 something and single, my radar had to be up :) I was helping out with the wedding preparations and naturally I interacted with quite a few of KC's friends.

I was in-charge of the flower corsages. I remembered that Jeh's corsage was looking a bit droopy, I went up to him and volunteered to fix it for him. hehehehe....I think that simple gesture must have touched him. I tease him till now that he must have been smitten with me when I was fixing his corsage for him :)

Also, after the morning get the bride ceremony, everyone went back to KC's house for some food. I was talking to some of KC's friends and was taking photos. Hehehe.....I actually had one photo taken with Jeh at the wedding. Looking back now, this is only photo to proof that Jeh and I met at the wedding.


Photo : Jeh and I at the wedding. Look where his hands are!! :)

Anyway, that was it, I met Jeh a couple of times during the wedding, we talked a bit but then after the wedding, I left to for the rest of my US holiday in Florida, Washington and New York before heading home to Malaysia. I thought that was the last of my Dallas trip.

I went back to Malaysia. I received an email. That was how it all started.....

2 comments:

Me ;] said...

Continue your story!
=D
I wanna know.
*evil laugh*

JehIvy said...

lol....it's our love story ok and yeah you were there when we first met! hehehe so u can be witness to these stories...