Monday, November 17, 2008

How we Met? ....The Prelude

The Story of Us (Jeh & Ivy) continues.....

JEH : As you read in our earlier postings, both Ivy and I were in our early 30s, not in a relationship and wondering when we will meet The One?

I was residing in USA and Ivy was in Malaysia. Miles apart. Did not know of each other existence. Yet God had a plan.... eventually.

But even way before we met, we were already somewhat connected.



Remember this photo from previous my blog entry. This was Ivy's brother's graduation in 1995. I only met Ivy in 2005. So what was I doing there?

Believe it or not, more than 10 years before I met Ivy, I already knew her brother who was in the States studying at the same time as me. We stayed in the same apartment block and being Malaysia students in a foreign land, we naturally hung out together once in a while. Actually I got to know Ivy's cousin KC first and then was introduced to Sam, her brother. But Sam left to go back to Malaysia after he completed his Masters. KC and I stayed on and worked in the USA after we graduated.

KC has mentioned about his cousin sister (later I found out as Ivy) who had promised to come and visit him in Arlington TX. But unfortunately, she was always busy with work and every year she did not manage to come over. So, I have only heard of a cousin sister but had no idea who she was or how she looked like.

Patience my padawan.....as Yoda always says.


IVY : Haha....yeah I still remember that I promised KC every year that I would visit him in the States... from when he was studying to his graduation to eventually he started working. But somehow, it just never happened. I was busy with work all the time and never got to plan the trip to US. Eventually KC gave up on me that I would ever visit him :)

So, my brother knew Jeh way before I met him, Jeh is my cousin KC's friend but I had to wait for more than 10 years before I got to know this person called Jeh.

So, how did we eventually meet? Ah...ha....next posting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! Can't wait for the rest of the story. thanks for writing.

BabyCasey said...

My goodness....you still remember all your promises although you never keep it! Muahaha

JehIvy said...

Hahaha, there was a time and place for everything, that is why I did not make it all those years. There was something in-store for me when I finally went!!! :)...from Ivy